- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
The latest accusations against Rep. David Wu are just the capstone to a remarkable career of weirdness from the Oregon Democrat.
To help bring you up to speed, HOH has compiled the top five incidents:
5. In 2007, Wu gave a speech on the floor urging Americans not to “let faux Klingons send real Americans to war.”
4. In October 2010, he admitted to using painkillers and accepting two oxycodone tablets from a donor just months after he told his Democratic colleagues that he had stopped drinking.
2. He sent a picture of himself wearing a tiger suit to his staff.
1. After staging two interventions, at least six of his most loyal staff members quit en masse in a last-ditch effort to urge him into treatment. They were so concerned about his mental health that they even researched available beds in psychiatric facilities in the Pacific Northwest.