- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The latest accusations against Rep. David Wu are just the capstone to a remarkable career of weirdness from the Oregon Democrat.
To help bring you up to speed, HOH has compiled the top five incidents:
5. In 2007, Wu gave a speech on the floor urging Americans not to “let faux Klingons send real Americans to war.”
4. In October 2010, he admitted to using painkillers and accepting two oxycodone tablets from a donor just months after he told his Democratic colleagues that he had stopped drinking.
2. He sent a picture of himself wearing a tiger suit to his staff.
1. After staging two interventions, at least six of his most loyal staff members quit en masse in a last-ditch effort to urge him into treatment. They were so concerned about his mental health that they even researched available beds in psychiatric facilities in the Pacific Northwest.