- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Sports fans are known to go above and beyond when they want to cheer on their teams, and lawmakers are no different.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor welcomed the Virginia Commonwealth University men’s basketball team back to Richmond early Monday morning. The Virginia Republican greeted the team at about 1 a.m. at the Richmond International Airport.
The team has done unexpectedly well in the NCAA tournament, beating the University of Kansas 71-61 Sunday night and advancing to the final four.
“Welcomed @CoachSmartVCU back to Richmond after #VCU’s #FinalFour berth,” Cantor tweeted, attaching a photo of him and coach Shaka Smart.