- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
While celebrity train wreck Charlie Sheen may be hogging the spotlight these days, that’s not stopping his father, actor Martin Sheen, from making a trip to D.C. this week.
The “West Wing” star is slated to speak on Capitol Hill on Thursday. Martin Sheen will be part of a panel about drug courts, which are used to handle the cases of nonviolent drug abuse offenders and help them seek treatment. Rep. John Sullivan (R-Okla.) and former Rep. Jim Ramstad (R-Minn.) will also speak.
Martin Sheen has been a longtime supporter of drug courts, saying they are a viable alternative to prison and can save an addict’s life. The panel, hosted by National Association of Drug Court Professionals with the Congressional Addiction, Treatment and Recovery Caucus, will be held at 12:30 p.m. in the Rayburn House Office Building.