- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
After a long day at work, sometimes you just need to wind down. For Rep. Corrine Brown, shopping does the trick.
The Florida Democrat’s office sent an email to other offices of women in the Congressional Black Caucus on Wednesday asking whether any of the Members would like to join Brown for an afternoon trip to Daniel’s Boutique after votes.
The shop, located in Crystal City, Va., specializes in wardrobe consulting and custom tailoring, perfect for Congressional fashionistas.
Members who aren’t shy could opt to send along dress sizes so items would be available to try on as soon as they arrive.
A tipster criticized the trip: “Instead of focusing on the possible government shutdown, [Brown] was more concerned about shopping at a boutique off the Hill.”
Brown’s office had no comment.