- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
He got elected to Congress while you were doing shots at the Capitol Lounge, and he’s a GQ model while you’re schlubbing around in Dockers. Now here’s another way Rep. Aaron Schock is better than you: He runs the National Mall everyday at 5:30 a.m.
The Illinois Republican on Saturday night greeted revelers at the Ball on the Mall gala to raise money for rehabbing “America’s front yard.” Schock, who served as the black-tie event’s honorary chairman, says he jogs the Mall every morning while he’s in Washington. “It’s truly inspiring,” he said of the vista that he sees while getting in his cardio.
Schock didn’t say how long it takes it him to lap the Mall, but we’re guessing that it’s faster than your time, whatever it is.