- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Meryl Streep was back in town Tuesday night (sans Annie Leibovitz) to show off her Margaret Thatcher biopic, “The Iron Lady.” And several lawmakers popped by to see what Hollywood had to say about the iconic former British prime minister.
Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), with his British-born wife, Elizabeth, in tow, was blown away by Streep’s performance. “She basically inhabited the character of Margaret Thatcher,” he said of the stirring portrayal. Kucinich was also impressed with the handling of the underlying love story between Thatcher and her husband, Denis.
“The fact that they went deep into the relationship added a great dimensionality,” he asserted. “It’s definitely worth seeing.”
Our spies spotted Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) at the celebrity she-bang-abang. Other local media also placed Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine), Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) and ex-Sen. John Warner (R-Va.) on the scene.