- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Nursing an injury worked out for Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), who wound up getting a little extra TLC from President Barack Obama on Monday night during the annual White House Christmas ball.
Turns out Shaheen had a bit of a slip and fall in the Capitol last week and broke her left wrist in the process. The spill left the lawmaker shaken, but not stirred, as she returned to work unfazed the following day.
But the plaster-wrapped appendage — decorated green, not for the holidays but to match Shaheen’s campaign colors (way to stay on message, Senator!) — caught the first family’s eye. POTUS gladly signed the cast and added an inspirational “Be well!” to the wound, while FLOTUS offered her condolences.
Now that she’s snagged the big boss’s John Hancock, an aide suggested that Shaheen would undoubtedly offer up the busted paw to any fellow lawmakers who wish to follow suit.