- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Senators: They’re just like you and me!
Sen. Joe Lieberman showed his pride in the University of Connecticut Huskies men’s basketball championship by chanting on the Senate floor Tuesday.
“And may I conclude, madam president, by simply saying U-C-O-N-N! UConn! UConn! UConn!,” the Connecticut Independent said while moving his arms to create the letters.
He poked fun at his letter-making skills Wednesday morning in a tweet: “I know that my ‘N’ needs a little work.”
Lieberman isn’t a University of Connecticut grad, but since his own alma mater (Yale University) is known more for rowing than basketball, it seems like he’ll take what he can get.