- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
It’s only been two weeks, but some Members couldn’t wait until Monday to reunite with their Congressional friends.
A number of Members of Congress planned to attend Friday's scheduled launch of the space shuttle Endeavor at the Kennedy Space Center. Among them: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in a rare outing since the shootings in Arizona, to see her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, off on the mission.
Alas, it was not to be. Due to engineering problems, the launch has been scrubbed for at least 48 hours.
A number of Giffords’ colleagues were in attendance: Reps. Ralph Hall (R-Texas), Michael McCaul (R-Texas), Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio), Donna Edwards (D-Md.), Hansen Clarke (D-Mich.), Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.), Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.), Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), John Garamendi (D-Calif.), Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) and Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) and Del. Madeleine Bordallo (D-Guam).