- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Sen. Lisa Murkowski isn’t quite a cover girl, but that doesn’t matter: She’s still proud of her latest achievement.
The Alaska Republican made the pages of Elle magazine’s Genius issue as one of “10 brilliant women whose work could change the world.”
Murkowski, called “The Independent” by Elle writers, was recognized for her re-election last November after she won as a write-in candidate and defeated tea party favorite Joe Miller, who had beaten her in the GOP primary.
The item notes that GOP consultant Karl Rove said her campaign was “sad and sorry” and that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) made her resign from her committees.
Murkowski tweeted a photo of the spread Tuesday morning: “In case you missed it, I was recognized in the latest @Ellemagazine issue.”