- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Sen. Lisa Murkowski isn’t quite a cover girl, but that doesn’t matter: She’s still proud of her latest achievement.
The Alaska Republican made the pages of Elle magazine’s Genius issue as one of “10 brilliant women whose work could change the world.”
Murkowski, called “The Independent” by Elle writers, was recognized for her re-election last November after she won as a write-in candidate and defeated tea party favorite Joe Miller, who had beaten her in the GOP primary.
The item notes that GOP consultant Karl Rove said her campaign was “sad and sorry” and that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) made her resign from her committees.
Murkowski tweeted a photo of the spread Tuesday morning: “In case you missed it, I was recognized in the latest @Ellemagazine issue.”