- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Actor Sean Astin’s most famous movie roles have been underdogs — he played a diminutive hobbit who helped save the world from evil in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy and an improbably small Notre Dame footballer in “Rudy.”
He’s no less of a dark horse in his new role: campaign manager for Democrat Daniel Adler, an entertainment executive running in a special election in California to replace Rep. Jane Harman (D).
The AP reports that Astin’s pal and boss, Adler, is among 16 candidates, including several frontrunners.