- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
Actor Sean Astin’s most famous movie roles have been underdogs — he played a diminutive hobbit who helped save the world from evil in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy and an improbably small Notre Dame footballer in “Rudy.”
He’s no less of a dark horse in his new role: campaign manager for Democrat Daniel Adler, an entertainment executive running in a special election in California to replace Rep. Jane Harman (D).
The AP reports that Astin’s pal and boss, Adler, is among 16 candidates, including several frontrunners.