The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- I shall not be a D. Or an R I could not be. I should not work on the Hill. I would not, could not pass a bill.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try. — Dr. Seuss
- The non-squabbling Sneetches are leaving the beaches!
- No more blues and reds, your colors are dead. We work for the people, get it through your head.
- Compromise is now in style. Drop your label and cross the aisle!
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog July 28 and in the next day’s print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.