CQ Roll Call editors have culled this week’s entries for Capitol Quip and are ready to unveil the five finalists our readers will be able to vote for.
So, using the comments section, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. Thursday. SPECIAL NOTE: If you submit your comment anonymously, we might have some difficulty getting you your signed print if you win. So before cloaking yourself, think about how we can contact you to get you your prize if you’re a winner. If you’re super shy, you can send us an anonymous line that only we will see at email@example.com. Thanks for playing!
Here are this week’s finalists:
• “I'm a borderline Democrat.”
• “If Honey Boo Boo is still #1 a year from now, I'm going back!”
• “Guys, I'm not sure we've fully thought through the impact we might have on the 2016 presidential race.”
• “Now which way? The GOP or Dems?”
• “This place is a mess. Let's head back south of the border!”
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog Monday and in the Monday print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of their Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.