- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
Christie has relatively liberal positions on gun control, immigration and climate change, Cain added.
“As you go right down the line, he’s going to turn off a lot of conservatives,” he said.
Cain said on ABC that he wasn’t worried that a Christie campaign could cut into his own base.
“Come on down, as they say, to use Bob Barker’s term. And here’s why. I respect Gov. Christie. He has basically distinguished himself because he’s not afraid to tell like it is, like me,” Cain said, “It doesn’t concern me in terms of what it might do to my momentum, because one thing that we’ve learned about people who support Herman Cain, they do not defect.”