- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Though the subcommittee hearing next week signals some momentum for the legislation, it does not guarantee a committee markup or consideration on the House floor.
And with the Senate and White House in Democratic hands, the bill has no clear path to enactment unless it is included as a provision on another piece of must-sign legislation.
Correction: 6:45 p.m.
An earlier version of this story did not include all of the states which have enacted bans on abortions after 20 weeks.