- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
Though the subcommittee hearing next week signals some momentum for the legislation, it does not guarantee a committee markup or consideration on the House floor.
And with the Senate and White House in Democratic hands, the bill has no clear path to enactment unless it is included as a provision on another piece of must-sign legislation.
Correction: 6:45 p.m.
An earlier version of this story did not include all of the states which have enacted bans on abortions after 20 weeks.