- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
On the other hand, Pelosi was forced to strongly back another entitlement reform loathed by liberals, a change in how Social Security payments increase with inflation called “chained CPI,” when Obama considered accepting it as part of a deal.
Steven T. Dennis and Jonathan Strong contributed to this report.