- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Reid will be taking many of his cues from his fellow Democrat in the White House. On the campaign trail, Obama emphasized completing comprehensive immigration legislation and passing a jobs plan he introduced in the fall of 2011. But the lack of bipartisan partners, and the absence of negotiating stalwarts such as the late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.), who was the lead sponsor of a failed effort on immigration early in Obama’s first term, could pose a challenge for Reid, who, more than committee chairmen, seemed to be at the center of all the major policy debates in this Congress.
It’s a full plate for Reid, but he asked for it.
Niels Lesniewski contributed to this report.