- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Though the Senate Ethics Committee in May 2008 dismissed its probe of whether Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) solicited prostitutes — actions that occurred before his candidacy for Senate — it left open the possibility that it would revisit the case in the future.
“The Committee reserves the right to reopen an investigation should new allegations or evidence be brought to our attention,” the panel’s letter to Vitter said.
In that case, the dismissal was based in part on the fact that the matter “did not involve use of public office or status for improper purposes” — a fact that differentiates the Vitter probe from the allegations faced by Berkley.