- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) lambasted the U.S. Olympic Committee today for buying the uniforms athletes will wear in the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics that were made in China.
“I am so upset that I think the Olympic Committee should be ashamed of themselves, I think they should be embarrassed,” Reid said in response to a question at a press conference. “I think they should take all of the uniforms put them in a big pile and burn them and start all over again; [even] if they have to just wear nothing but a singlet that says USA on it.”
“We have people in the textile industry that are desperate for jobs,” Reid added.