- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
A new poll paid for by Rep. Debbie Halvorson's (D-Ill.) opponent shows the freshman Congresswoman in a tough re-election battle.Iraq war veteran Adam Kinzinger (R) led Halvorson, 44 percent to 38 percent, according to the Republican's poll. The poll also showed 16 percent of voters are undecided.The pollster, Public Opinion Strategies, supplied the full results from the question schedule including a few other notable numbers:-President Barack Obama had an approval rating of 45 percent and a disapproval rating of 52 percent in the south Chicago district in his home state.-In the generic ballot test, the GOP candidate scored 43 percent and the Democratic candidate scored 33 percent.