- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Gunshots that police said came from a nearby freeway hit the home of Hill staffer Raj Bharwani and his wife, Jessica, over the weekend, just days after the couple had brought home their newborn baby, Ariella.
The shots fired early Sunday morning, with the family awake in a third-floor bedroom, shattered a window in the couple’s southeast D.C. town house.
Police said the shots may have come from someone shooting at another car on the freeway, multiple media outlets reported.
One bullet was reportedly found in the bassinet, in the baby’s hat that had just been taken off.
A second bullet was found wrapped in the sheets.
Correction: Sept. 28, 2011
An earlier version of this article misspelled the last name of Raj and Jessica Bharwani and the first name of their baby, Ariellla. It was also unclear that Raj Bharwani is a Hill staffer.