- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
But Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, said the bill would encourage seizure of private land when owners decline to sell for conservation projects backed by the National Fish Habitat Board that the bill would create.
Should the bill win Senate passage, Gun Owners of America is making plans to block it in the House, where Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla., has sponsored a narrower bill (HR 4089) that would nullify the EPA ammunition ban. A senior Senate Democratic aide said party leaders hope to defeat Session’s point of order, win Senate passage and cut a bicameral deal that would combine parts of the Tester and Miller bills.
Correction: This article incorrectly reported Sen. Mark Pryor, D-Ark., was the leading proponent of a provision that would allow the Interior secretary to increase the cost of federal duck stamps.