- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Norton believes support for TAG funding from Obama could help the District avoid cuts. She called a letter to the White House “one step to do all we can to keep the administration from getting the same signals from the vote on the Promise bill that the appropriators have indicated they received.”
Her office did not respond to requests for comment regarding the council’s vote.
She did applaud the administration’s proposed funding level in a statement, but expressed disappointment on the lower income threshold. She fought a similar proposal in fiscal 2014 and intends to do the same this year.