- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Besides multiple votes planned on the payroll tax, Reid said the Senate must clear a number of legislative items from its agenda before adjourning for the holidays. They include a vote on two balanced budget amendments, one a Republican proposal and one offered by Sen. Mark Udall (D-Colo.). Reid added that several nominations would receive votes, as would a measure to extend the rates paid to Medicare providers, commonly referred to as the “doc fix.”
Reid added that a package of tax extenders and the unemployment extension require consideration.
Congress also must act to keep the government funded through next year. The current stopgap spending bill expires in three weeks.