- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
“The majority should have a budget, but it doesn’t mean we can’t continue to defend the country and do the things that we need to do to meet out obligations,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of the Appropriations Committee. “I think if we can get some of these bills done at a level that we can agree on, we should get them done.”
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said it also depends on the bill and what it funds.
“I haven’t heard of a big movement” against spending bills, Hatch said. “I vote for everything that helps the military.”