- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“The majority should have a budget, but it doesn’t mean we can’t continue to defend the country and do the things that we need to do to meet out obligations,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of the Appropriations Committee. “I think if we can get some of these bills done at a level that we can agree on, we should get them done.”
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said it also depends on the bill and what it funds.
“I haven’t heard of a big movement” against spending bills, Hatch said. “I vote for everything that helps the military.”