- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
“The majority should have a budget, but it doesn’t mean we can’t continue to defend the country and do the things that we need to do to meet out obligations,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of the Appropriations Committee. “I think if we can get some of these bills done at a level that we can agree on, we should get them done.”
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said it also depends on the bill and what it funds.
“I haven’t heard of a big movement” against spending bills, Hatch said. “I vote for everything that helps the military.”