- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels was contacted by the SBA List as well, but he declined to respond. Daniels drew fire from social conservatives last month for suggesting a “truce” where Republicans focus on economic issues instead of social issues.
“I think probably, as a general rule, it is better practice [to] do the people’s business, try to concentrate on making ends meet, which Washington obviously has failed to do for a long time, and have other policy debates in other places if you can,” Daniels said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Correction: April 4, 2011
An earlier version of this article misstated Mike Huckabee’s home state. He was governor of Arkansas. The story also implied that Mitt Romney was the current governor of Massachusetts; he is the former governor.