- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Similarly, the Democratic caucus offered a mild rebuke of Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) for his endorsement of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in the 2008 presidential election.
Lieberman took the extraordinary step of speaking in support of McCain - one of his closest friends - at the 2008 Republican National Convention.
Despite that, Senate Democrats agreed to a deal brokered by Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.), under which Lieberman gave up a seat on the Environment and Public Works Committee but held onto his gavel of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. At the time, one Democratic Senator called that arrangement "basically a plea bargain."