- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Tutor Our Children is a national coalition of tutoring service providers, community and faith-based organizations, parents and children who have organized to reform and strengthen federally funded tutoring. TOC supports federal legislation to reform and expand access to tutoring by converting SES to a state-level competitive grant program, requiring rigorous certification for tutors and reporting and accountability tied to student performance for tutoring service providers. It is time for Congress to get to work to reauthorize NCLB and protect these vital tutoring services for our country’s most vulnerable children.
Stephanie Monroe served as assistant secretary of Education from 2005 to 2009.