- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Then last year, the movement to place the statue picked up momentum. President Barack Obama signed into law a bipartisan bill allowing D.C. to display its own statue. House and Senate passage of Schumer’s resolution was the last step to opening the Capitol doors to Douglass.