- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
ďGenerally speaking, my political career was built on goodwill and accommodation,Ē Al says. And so, when Alís good will and accommodation bring him to vote to confirm Clarence Thomas for a seat on the Supreme Court, his luck runs out and his party chooses Carol Moseley Braun to run for Alís seat. Al goes home to southern Illinois.
And thatís what happened to Al.
Randolph Walerius is an analyst for the CQ Roll Call Washington Securities Briefing.