- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
“Hopefully the Dean of the House, a noted former page and someone who has been outspoken about the page program and its role in the House, will come out and do the right thing, as I know he will,” DeLaTorre said. “It’s important that the page program is protected for future generations.”
Other Facebook profiles linked to the page program became sounding boards for contempt for the decision and calls to contact Congressional offices.
Meanwhile, almost 150 people had signed an online petition “demanding that the Page Program continue,” leaving messages lamenting the program’s end.