- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
By the time the “all clear” was issued shortly before 3 p.m., some of the furious social media flurries had petered out, as people put down their mobile devices to emerge from where they had been detained. There was a hush around the Capitol, even with the halls less frantic than usual given the shutdown’s suspension of tours and furloughs of scores of staff.
“The incident requiring staff to shelter in place has concluded,” a Senate-side email message read. “Occupants may exit their shelter in place location and return to normal operations.
“Thank you for your cooperation,” it read.