- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
“I probably won’t be the most prolific pollster in America, with the most clients, but that’s OK,” said McCleskey, a partner at Public Opinion Strategies, one of Republicans’ largest polling firms. People told her that moving to New Mexico a decade ago was a poor professional decision, but she didn’t care. “You have to be comfortable with your choices,” she said.
“Is it hard? Yes,” said Omero, who also echoed the other mothers’ call to “be present, ” whether it’s at work or at home. “But no one gets from Point A to Point B without challenges.”
She said: “It’s the shared struggle and reward of having children and a career you love.”
Contributing writer Nathan Gonzales is an editor for the Rothenberg Political Report.