- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
“Oooh, look at all the fun stuff they have for pickling!” cooed one brine-minded companion while eyeing spice racks stacked with containers of whole cloves, coriander seed and ground mustard.
All the pickling, in fact, might be what keeps us coming back.
Tender carrots gushed vinegar and cumin with every bite, while a signature potato salad was brightened by acid-soaked garden staples.
Here’s hoping the Carving Room ages as well as some of its creations.
Carving Room: 300 Massachusetts Ave. NW; 202-525-2116; carvingroom.com
Average entree: less than $12 ($). Open for lunch, dinner and late-night dining daily.