- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
“I am honored by the voters to be a Member of Congress from South Florida and I will humbly accept the challenge of vying for any seat. I always say that there ain’t a bad seat in the House,” she added.
Florida Democrats absorbed the new lines today with the understanding that any gains this cycle could be modest.
“You can make the mathematical argument that there are more than four seats in play,” one plugged-in Sunshine State Democrat said. But “you have to take into considerations the politics of incumbency,” the source added, acknowledging that the pickup number for Democrats under this map is three to five seats.
“But I think that over the life of the map, there will be a few more districts that come into play,” the Democrat said.