- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Coburn said Thursday that he will offer an amendment “to replace the unworkable Manchin-Toomey [language] with a proposal that will protect Americans’ Second Amendment rights while giving law-abiding citizens the tools they need to make sure they aren’t transferring a firearm to someone who will be a threat to themselves or others.”
If one of the GOP alternatives is adopted in place of the Manchin-Toomey amendment, Democrats could rapidly fall off from supporting the underlying bill and the entire legislation could be in jeopardy.