- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
“To be a CEO in America today ... you’ve got to know how to play the Washington game,” he said. “There are a lot of businesses that are trying to use what’s going on in Washington to advance their business interests, and good for them. That’s what they’re supposed to do.”
Engler said his CEOs continue to advocate for entitlement and tax reforms, among numerous other issues. When it comes to concrete fiscal ideas, Engler said, the CEOs have been impressed with Camp, Corker and Sens. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., and Max Baucus, D-Mont., among others, who have specific proposals.