While you munched on dinner and the Florida primary wrapped up, Roll Call's politics team continued to sort through year-end fundraising reports that are due by midnight to the Federal Election Commission. Here are our picks for winners, losers and noteworthy filings this evening:
- CA-30: Rep. Howard Berman (D) crossed the seven-figure mark in the fourth quarter for his bid against Rep. Brad Sherman (D). Berman raised just over $1 million in the last three months of 2011 and now has $2.9 million in the bank. Sherman's report had not been filed as of late this evening, but he reported $3.7 million in the bank at the end of September. (via @shiratoeplitz)
- FL-18: OK, Rep. Allen West (R) is always a fundraising winner. And this time is no exception with $1.7 million raised in the fourth quarter and $2.7 million in the bank. But he's had an especially good Tuesday because after a game of political musical chairs, he will run in what is likely to be the redrawn 18th district, which is more favorable for the GOP than his current seat. Make no mistake, though, he'll still have a competitive race. (via @shiratoeplitz and @jm_dc)
- IL-02: Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has just slightly more in the bank than his Democratic primary opponent, former Rep. Debbie Halvorson. Not a good place for an incumbent who has battled ethics issues. Halvorson raised $101,000 in the fourth quarter and had $261,000 in the bank. Jackson raised not much more than that during the same time period — $115,000 — and reported $263,000 in cash on hand. (via @shiratoeplitz)
- TX-??: Rep. Silvestre Reyes' (D) primary opponent brought in more cash than he did in the final three months of 2011. Former El Paso City Council member Beto O’Rourke raised $222,000 and had $180,000 in the bank. Reyes raised $177,000 and spent $208,000 in the fourth quarter, leaving him with $247,000 in cash on hand. (via @RollCallAbby)
- ND-Sen: Former state Attorney General Heidi Heitkamp raised $450,000 for her campaign for Senate. That's almost as much as her likely GOP opponent, Rep. Rick Berg, who raised $552,000. But Berg has $1.4 million in cash on hand. (via @shiratoeplitz)
- IN-05: Rep. Dan Burton announced his retirement today with a substantial campaign bank account. The Republican reported $408,000 in cash on hand at the end of the fourth quarter. (via @shiratoeplitz)
- American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS raised $51 million last year, per CNN, and had $15.6 million in the bank heading into the election year.