- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Congress has thus far declined to investigate. A spokesperson for the majority on the House Administration Committee, which has jurisdiction over the Capitol Police, did not immediately respond to request for comment.
“It is in the public’s interest to ensure our government acted responsibly not only from a criminal or a civil perspective but from an internal agency perspective. It is also in the public’s interest avoid a similar tragedy in the future,” Valarie Carey said in a statement on her lawsuit.