- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The photos show Peace Corps volunteers with Korean children and the elderly, as well as later images of Korean citizens volunteering abroad after their own country recovered from civil war and the resulting destitution. In one image, a young woman named Kathleen Stephens shares a wide grin with a group of adolescent Korean boys and holds a toddler on her lap. Stephens later became the ambassador to South Korea from 2008 to 2011
“It’s a wonderful way to humanize America,” Kelly said. “I think the Peace Corps Volunteers really do make a significant dent in making a real image of Americans.”