- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The other area crying out for reform is among the dual eligible, those who qualify for Medicare and Medicaid. One key is providing more incentives for home care, including day care for patients that enables families to work and keep their loved ones at home. A bipartisan commitment to do so would save money and improve lives.
Of course, we will not have a full-blown debt reduction plan by the end of the year. But if we can get the rudiments in place, we will have a real opportunity for major bipartisan policy reform in key areas. Given the continuing dysfunction, that is no sure thing. But it is at least a tantalizing possibility.
Norman Ornstein is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.