- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
Former Rep. Christopher Shays (R) confirmed Monday that he will seek retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman’s (I-Conn.) seat next year.
“I hope to be on the ballot next November,” Shays told the Greenwich Time.
Roll Call reported earlier this month that Shays was preparing to run and already was interviewing staff and consultants for his campaign.
Shays will likely face an uphill battle against former Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon in the Republican primary. McMahon spent $50 million of her own money on her 2010 Senate bid, but lost to now-Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.).
Rep. Christopher Murphy, former Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz and state Rep. William Tong are running for the Democratic nod.