- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Former Rep. Christopher Shays (R) confirmed Monday that he will seek retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman’s (I-Conn.) seat next year.
“I hope to be on the ballot next November,” Shays told the Greenwich Time.
Roll Call reported earlier this month that Shays was preparing to run and already was interviewing staff and consultants for his campaign.
Shays will likely face an uphill battle against former Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon in the Republican primary. McMahon spent $50 million of her own money on her 2010 Senate bid, but lost to now-Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.).
Rep. Christopher Murphy, former Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz and state Rep. William Tong are running for the Democratic nod.