- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
“Mr. Martin’s engagement was not limited to a single task,” the committee reminded the lawmakers who asked to review his findings. “The first phase of his assignment was an unprecedented, thorough, and fair review of the due process complaints of the Respondent in the matter. However, that was only the first phase. Therefore Mr. Martin’s role has not yet concluded.”
The committee reiterated that the members considering the case did not participate in the investigation leading up to the canceled trial. It further noted that when the committee closes matters, it often releases a final report on the case but will not do so until that point.
“There is no justification for releasing the confidential details of staff advice to the Committee at this time,” the letter said. “We respectfully decline to provide the internal advice and memoranda of staff in this, or any, open and ongoing matter.”