- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
"While Outside Counsel did not determine that the [chief of staff]'s efforts ultimately benefitted OneUnited, the House rules do not permit a Member or their staff to take specific actions that would, if effective, accrue to the financial benefit of the Member. The Waters Committee finds that Representative Waters' [chief of staff] violated House rules," the committee's report concluded.
Emma Dumain contributed to this report.
Correction: Sept. 25, 2012
A earlier version of this article incorrectly stated the day of the committee's announcement. It was Tuesday.