- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
"While Outside Counsel did not determine that the [chief of staff]'s efforts ultimately benefitted OneUnited, the House rules do not permit a Member or their staff to take specific actions that would, if effective, accrue to the financial benefit of the Member. The Waters Committee finds that Representative Waters' [chief of staff] violated House rules," the committee's report concluded.
Emma Dumain contributed to this report.
Correction: Sept. 25, 2012
A earlier version of this article incorrectly stated the day of the committee's announcement. It was Tuesday.