- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Harvard University professor and Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren has won the nod from EMILY’s List in her bid to unseat Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.), about 24 hours after she officially entered the race.
“The entire EMILY’s List community is geared up to help elect Elizabeth Warren the next Senator from Massachusetts,” EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock said in a statement. “Elizabeth is a champion for progressive values and a fighter for the middle class.”
Four other women have served as members of the Bay State’s Congressional delegation: Republican Reps. Edith Rogers and Margaret Heckler and Democratic Reps. Louise Day Hicks and Niki Tsongas. No woman has ever won a Senate seat in Massachusetts or been elected governor.
Before taking on Brown, Warren must first win a crowded Democratic primary.
Roll Call rates the Massachusetts Senate race a Tossup.