- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Harvard University professor and Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren has won the nod from EMILY’s List in her bid to unseat Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.), about 24 hours after she officially entered the race.
“The entire EMILY’s List community is geared up to help elect Elizabeth Warren the next Senator from Massachusetts,” EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock said in a statement. “Elizabeth is a champion for progressive values and a fighter for the middle class.”
Four other women have served as members of the Bay State’s Congressional delegation: Republican Reps. Edith Rogers and Margaret Heckler and Democratic Reps. Louise Day Hicks and Niki Tsongas. No woman has ever won a Senate seat in Massachusetts or been elected governor.
Before taking on Brown, Warren must first win a crowded Democratic primary.
Roll Call rates the Massachusetts Senate race a Tossup.