- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
We see movement at the federal level, too. Rep. Kevin Brady, R-Texas, and Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., are sponsoring legislation that would repeal the death tax, which Americans for Prosperity has endorsed. The House bill has over 200 co-sponsors, signaling wide support in Washington for repealing this harmful tax.
It is time for government to stop treating death as a taxable event. On behalf of over 2 million activists in all 50 states, AFP calls on Congress to bring this legislation to the floor and fully repeal this onerous tax.
Thomas Fletcher is a policy analyst at Americans for Prosperity.