- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Finally, Congress should leave Targeted Employment Area designations with the individual states. State and local governments need to be a part of this process, and they are better-positioned to know the situation on the ground than a federal level agency. As with many aspects of immigration reform, seizing the opportunity to improve the EB-5 investor visa program will be a combination of making selected enhancements and leaving well enough alone.
Michael J. Petrucelli, former acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, is founder and executive chairman of Clearpath, which develops online tools to automate the immigration application process.